Bondoc și Asociații SCA is a leading Romanian law firm advising private corporations, public entities and lending institutions in the development of significant and increasingly integrated projects in a wide range of practice areas, including corporate and commercial law, M&A, banking & finance, energy, capital markets, competition law, labor, real estate, IT&C, regulatory and compliance. Its lawyers are specialized in providing integrated advice on virtually every legal aspect associated with complex cross-border transactions, as well as domestic projects.
Bondoc și Asociații has a formal alliance with White & Case LLP regarding Romania. While providing legal advice on Romanian-related matters, Bondoc și Asociații works in unison with White & Case lawyers across 39 offices in 26 countries, bringing global breadth to each case. This applies to the employment and benefits practice as well.
The employment and benefits practice of the firm provides a comprehensive range of legal advice, covering inter alia the following areas:
- Labor law contracts
- Remuneration and benefits
- Internal regulations, employee policies, codes of conduct and handbooks
- Collective bargaining agreements and related negotiations with trade unions
- Cross-border labor issues, transfer of employees, outsourcing and secondment
- Lay-offs, collective redundancies, restructuring and company closures
- Employment-related transactions, agreements and policies, due diligence reviews and investigations
- Employee dispute resolution, representation in administrative hearings, arbitration, mediation and litigation
- Data protection
- Negotiation of benefit and termination packages and employment litigation related to dismissal procedures
We are recognized for
We understand both the business and legal concepts which underpin employment matters which may arise within a company. When advising our clients on labor issues, we always have in mind the full picture, by combining business needs and need for optimization of business with prevention.
Our lawyers’ experience covers Romanian and European labor legislation, including counseling on issues arising from employment standards, participation of employees in stock purchase and stock option plans, employment mediation and litigation including high-sensitive cases with replication risk, including dismissal procedures and collective bargain agreements, outsourcing, issues arising from employment protection and treatment standards, negotiation of benefit and termination packages, employment litigation related to dismissal procedures, re-installments, discrimination aspects, employment of foreign citizens. Also, our team has considerable experience in assisting clients dealing with other particularly sensitive aspects, including cases of top management settlements, negotiations of collective bargaining agreements and avoiding collective conflicts, employee misconducts or termination of employment agreements due to physical/mental incapacity or to cases of employees being professionally unfit.
Recent examples of our expertise in the employment and benefits area include assisting, among others:
- a leading global supplier of electronics and technologies for automotive, commercial vehicle and other market segments, in relation to implementation of the provisions of collective bargaining agreements, termination of employment agreements, including disciplinary and collective dismissals, drafting of various business-critical internal labor policies and assisting with their implementation, hiring of personnel and secondment of employees, and professional training on employees and health security aspects
- a leading distribution services and e-commerce provider for the global travel industry, in connection with complex aspects related to the transfer of employees
- a large US pharmaceutical company in relation to the restructuring of its business in Romania, the creation of a work council and the negotiation of other documents with social partners, drafting and amending internal employment policies and contracts and redundancy procedures
- a large international pharmaceutical group on the preparation of HR and employment-related agreements, settlements, internal policies and regulations, employment litigation and other various Romanian labor aspects regarding business restructuring and transfer of business
- the local subsidiary of an UK pharmaceutical company, on various employment matters, including preparation of contracts, addenda, internal regulations and policies, advice on the termination of employment and similar issues
- a large international industrial producer, in connection with the transfer of undertaking in Romania
- a leading provider of credit insurance, debt collection and factoring services for large corporations, in relation to Romanian law aspects related to the implementation of its stock option plan for the employees of its subsidiaries
- a major global investment management organization with an extensive global presence, in relation to the implementation in Romania of its stock option plan for the employees of its Romanian subsidiary, mainly regarding employment and capital market aspects
- a subsidiary of a large international producer of oils in connection with the acquisition of an oil factory located in South Eastern Romania, from an insolvent company with the implication of various employment aspects