Bondoc și Asociații SCA is a leading Romanian law firm advising private corporations, public entities and lending institutions in the development of significant and increasingly integrated projects in a wide range of practice areas, including corporate and commercial law, M&A, banking & finance, energy, capital markets, competition law, labor, real estate, IT&C, regulatory and compliance. Its lawyers are specialized in providing integrated advice on virtually every legal aspect associated with complex projects.
Bondoc și Asociații has a formal exclusive alliance with White & Case LLP regarding Romania. While providing legal advice on Romanian-related matters, Bondoc și Asociații works in unison with White & Case lawyers across 39 offices in 26 countries, bringing global breadth to each case.
The energy practice of the firm covers all areas of renewable and conventional energy matters, from issues relating to project acquisitions and early development, to those involved in financing, commissioning and operation. Our team has been at the forefront of landmark, pioneering or first-to-market projects in energy and natural resources since its inception as a market sector leader in Romania, and this gives us a unique position among law firms in Romania and distinguishes our practice from those of other firms.
Our areas of work covers
- oil and gas
- sustainability and climate change
Cross-border capabilities under the alliance with White & Case
Under our exclusive alliance with White & Case, our finance team has very strong ties with the teams of White & Case LLP. Our Romanian capability is directly linked not only to the most recent and innovative developments impacting the energy business, but contributes also to major cross-border energy projects.
Selected Recent Experience
- Advised one of Germany’s largest energy producers, that is in the process of receiving financing of EUR 118,000,000 from Erste Group Bank AG, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development and Banca Comerciala Română S.A;
- Assisted an international joint-venture set up by the Russian giant LukOil and Italy’s major energy company ERG, in connection with the financing of its 70MW wind farm project developed in Romania. Last year, we also advised the client in connection with the acquisition of this 70MW wind farm project, and the financing represents a continuation of our assistance;
- Advised an important German investor in the development and sale process of a 24MW photovoltaic park located in the South of Romania;
- Continued to advise well established foreign and Romanian investors, holding significant portfolios of projects in various stages of development in relation to their wind power interests in Romania;
- Advised the local subsidiary of an Israeli investor on the development, construction and commissioning of a wind park in South-Eastern Romania;
- Advised a major German based renewable energy investor, on a large spectrum of matters connected to their renewable energy investments in several locations in Romania. Our involvement in the projects covers various fields as energy regulatory matters, licensing matters, corporate matters, constructions and real estate;
- Provided assistance in relation to the sale of several wind farms in South-Eastern Romania. Our advice consisted of a deal structuring, amendment of the transaction documentation and of assistance provided during negotiations;
- Assisted one of the largest gas distribution companies in Romania in connection with its acquisition of approximately 56% in one of the top 5 gas distribution companies in Romania; the assistance naturally covered all energy-law related aspects of the acquisition, from the due diligence phase to the transaction documents and regulatory dealings.